Who We Are
- HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Commissioning Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Boston, MA.
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Support the development of project subsystem and system-wide commissioning plans for wayside, cab, and central office
- Ensure project installation and commissioning activities are performed according to contract schedule and budget
- Support the development of cutover and migration plans for system integration purposes
- Support the development of and/or review test procedures for wayside, cab, and central office
- Schedule local resources and determine workload forecasts for commissioning activities
- Provide-valued added input and assist the commissioning manager in the development of models and systems that maximizes resource efficiency
- Perform field verification testing for all tie-in locations for equipment requirements, tag changes, and circuit wiring details with limited support from the customer
- Perform on-site verification of deliveries for signal company
- Maintain inventory of signal company spare materials
- Sorting/Ordering or all tags, tag lists, and pull sheets
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above
- Associates Degree or technical degree required preferably in electrical, nuclear, or systems engineering; PE a plus
- Minimum 3 years leading field testing, integration, or commissioning projects on a multi-million dollar scale
- Minimum 3 years working on mass transit projects in an engineering or project/program management role
- Previous work in switch and signal train transportation system as a design engineer, project engineer, system engineer/integrator a plus
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale mass transit projects
- Able to perform signal circuit engineering
- Ability to test signal equipment & circuits
- Ability to place signals systems into service
- Ability to interpret contract specification
- Ability to read, understand and interpret switch and signal line drawing, schematics and cable plans
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Basic working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Manage and lead assigned resources and suppliers in order to perform the tests and troubleshooting activities
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- Planning and organization
- Integrated System Tests
- Validation and Verification Processes
- System requirements definition
Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/