Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Signaling Engineer - BART
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Develops and supports software solutions for metro systems bench test equipment.
- Under the oversight of a senior engineer, design software from requirements in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications.
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Under the oversight of a senior engineer, test software in lab and field environments to ensure compliance to requirements. This includes verification and integration testing with bench test platform.
- You will collaborate cross functionally and globally. Woven into our fabric is the core value that we are more successful collectively collaborating to create great results. While individual contributions are objectified and rewarded, succeeding as a team is favored over creating cast towers of individual knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills are imperatives to socialize and influence the organization.
- Provide input for software estimates for changes from either internal or external sources.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
- Support the customer, co-workers, field-testing or production issues on weekends or after hours (as needed).
- 2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated software development experience using National Instruments LabVIEW.
- Understanding of National Instruments TestStand.
- Demonstrated software development experience using C, C++, or C#.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of Software Configuration Management
- Operating System - Windows
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
- Basic troubleshooting, diagnostic, analytical and debugging skills
- Basic problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Able to think strategically as part of a group to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display excellent time management skills.
- Display excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate competency in programming fundamentals
- Ability to read and understand electronic and electrical schematics
- Operating System - Linux, Embedded (No OS)
- Developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Experience developing scripts using Python.
- Network Communications
- Experience with Redmine
Bachelor's Degree (minimum) Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/