Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Role Title: Automation Specialist
Come write automation software that reduces errors and improve efficiency. Hitachi Vantara is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic employee that can help architect and write automation software to increase the consistency of our configuration process and the quality of the final product. The position requires an imagination, inquisitiveness, and exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. You will be exposed to an extensive array of hardware and software technologies, each with its own challenges.
Your primary job will be to write and test automation software that will standardize and configure hardware that ships to Hitachi Vantara customers. Because the products lines and technologies change regularly, you must be willing and able to learn quickly. Your current skillset matters, but the ability to absorb new hardware technology and information is also crucial. Because typos can irreparably damage some hardware platforms, accurate touch-typing is required. Finally, because troubleshooting can hinge on the tiniest details, strong attention to detail is required.
You will be part of a diverse, global team of specialists that do everything from designing and documenting new processes to architecting and deploying changes to our global production environment. As a part of the team, you may sometimes be called on to support other members' projects, including new or existing software projects.
The automation platform
• The automation software is currently written for Windows using these programming languages:
- Python, AutoHotkey, Tera Term Macro, batch files and .NET/ C#
• The automation connects to storage, servers, and switches running these operating systems:
- Windows, Linux, multiple Brocade OS'es, Cisco NXOS, and VxWorks.
• The hardware connections vary wildly and include these protocols and methods:
- CLI and GUI programs, serial, Telnet, SSH, FTP, TFTP, SCP and HTTP API's.
• We use GIT in our development environment and sometimes must fix bugs in open source software written in other languages.
Skills and experience
• High level of knowledge of the Python 3 programming language, of networking, git and embedded programming. Low level knowledge of C+, C#, and .NET.
• Good ERP Knowledge (Oracle) is desirable.
• Excellent in communication in- and outside the DC organisation. Being able to explain complex technical subjects/issues to colleagues and others (in- and outside the DC)
• Willing to travel internationally.
• Able to communicate well in written and spoken English / understand language problems for those who don't have English as mother tongue.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.