The field service portion of the service organization is divided into service regions, and within each service region there are service areas. A Field Service Representative is an entry level field service position responsible for performing scheduled service work on systems within a service area as directed by the service area's Service Area Manager. The position formally reports to a Service Area Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance as directed.
- Assists in performing unscheduled maintenance visits.
- Assists in performing installations and de-installations of products and a wide variety of peripheral equipment as directed.
- Must maintain excellent working relations with field personnel, home office personnel, and management.
- Performs the administrative duties associated with the job, including electronic expense reports, Time Centre weekly time cards, Siebel functions such as Field Service Reports, Failed Parts Forms, and quality-related work.
- Assures that all paperwork is completed neatly, accurately, and submitted promptly.
- Must be prepared to work overtime and odd hours on occasion and travel as required.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations.
- Responsible for maintenance of assigned tools/test equipment and spare parts.
- Responsible to return parts in the required time frame.
- Responsible to promote, both internal to the company and externally, the image and reputation of HHA.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Service Area Manager.
- Associate degree in electronics or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of assigned equipment to provide timely repair and effective maintenance.
- Capable of operating test equipment related to job (oscilloscope, meter, and diagnostic testers, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
This position typically works in usual medical, clinical working environments, including sites under construction.
The position requires the ability to physically work in high magnetic fields of up to 3 Tesla, which could dangerously affect any implanted medical devices made of ferrous material, potentially causing serious injury and/or death.
- This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively.
- This activity occurs frequently and prolonged/repetitively. Including when driving to customer sites and/or flying.
- This activity occurs infrequently and periodic with light hand tools, a tool bag, cabinet covers weighing from 1-20 lbs, diagnostic test equipment which weighs from 5-60 lbs, fluid testing container weighing 30 lbs, and replacement components which may weigh from 1-40 lbs.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic. It occurs primarily with the pushing of the 1000 lbs patient tables and 600-6000 lb MRI cabinets. There is an estimated manual force to overcome inertia of 30 lbs. Pushing distances are typically 1 inch to 18 inches.
- This activity occurs occasionally and period/prolonged in the low back. It occurs with a variety of the tasks.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic above the shoulders when the worker must access components and cupboards that are on top of the 6 foot high MRI machine. This activity occurs occasionally and periodic below shoulder level with a variety of tasks.
- This activity occurs occasionally and periodic/prolonged. It occurs primarily in the wiring process as well as accessing the lower panels of the MRI machine.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic when the worker must climb up to 3 steps of a 6 foot ladder to access the upper access panels of the MRI machine in order to perform diagnostic testing.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic and occurs when the worker is standing on the ladder as mentioned above.
- This activity occurs rarely and periodic in the low back. It may occur with some of the tasks performed.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Must have access to a national credit card for reimbursable business expenses.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be reliable and able to work independently.
- Must project a professional image.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply, email resume to: [email protected].