Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Manages materials orders from production and pulls inventory from storage areas to accurately deliver items requested.
- Reads, comprehends, and follows work instructions and established procedures, production schedules, and shipping orders.
- Loads and unloads materials and finished assemblies/subassemblies from trucks.
- Tracks inventory including materials and finished assemblies/subassemblies using check sheets, records, and specialized software.
- Moves materials and finished assemblies/subassemblies to and from production areas, storage areas, and/or shipping areas manually and/or using pneumatic or electric powered equipment.
- Transfers materials into machine hoppers.
- Operates powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and finished assemblies/subassemblies.
- Stacks materials and finished assemblies/subassemblies into appropriate containers and prepares them for shipping.
- Packs orders including shrink-wrapping contents onto pallets and loading pallets onto trucks for delivery.
- Ensures orders are accurate and records inventory entering and leaving warehouse.
- Counts inventory as necessary/required.
- Seals, marks and/or labels containers as required.
- Cleans and prepares containers before utilizing them.
- Performs quality checks to verify containers and packing materials are damage free and in usable condition.
- Completes checks to ensure loads for transport are secure.
- Administers scheduled equipment checks including recharging equipment batteries and lubricating tools/equipment.
- Carries out all instructed/required quality checks and fills out appropriate check sheet information.
- Performs all assignments safely, wears any required personal protective items, and follows all safety rules at all times.
- Ensures all environmental (ISO 14001) policy initiatives and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Uses all time wisely, works efficiently, and works effectively. Aids other team members in getting tasks at hand complete when necessary/required.
- Looks for ways to improve the production process. Shares process improvement ideas and aids in the implementation of continuous improvement measures.
- Keeps assigned work areas clean, neat, and free from clutter. Assists in cleaning activities daily.
- Takes instruction from leadership, cooperates with other team members, has respect for fellow team members, and functions effectively as a member of a team.
- Understands the importance of cross-training. There are many different tasks associated with a material handler position. Various tasks must be performed daily and team members are expected to be flexible with regard to necessary changes in shift and work location/assignment as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.