Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Installation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Provide designs at a level of competence of being in responsible charge of the design; stamp and seal documents; field technical questions; peer review of designs
• Create schematics drawings to be used in the development and design of the engineering installation bids and PTSs
• Develop plan layout, sections and erection drawings for the technical rooms
• Consult with several departments through completion of drafting to ensure expectations are met
• Review subcontractors design and drawings, making sure they meet the EI standards
• Establish and meet timelines and deadlines supporting the different project during the delivery phase Required Skills/Knowledge:
• Candidate must be able to proficiently use Autodesk Revit/AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) (other 3D software are considered)
• Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) ideal
• Candidate must have an associate engineer or technical degree. Higher degrees are considered a value
• Knowledge of Site Survey, site Measure, Construction methods
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems preferred
• Willingness to travel to site if needed
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Possess an affinity for problem-solving and critical thinking
• Ability to work independently and to take initiative, but also the ability to work with a team
• Must have a high level of professionalism
• Aptitude to understand, read, and comprehend contract documents, plans, and specifications
• Ability to stay organized and maintain project records Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• Fluent in Spanish language Education:
• Associate Engineer or Technical Degree Languages:
• Spanish - (would be considered an asset) Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/