Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Machinist
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Operate conventional and CNC machine shop equipment.
• Set-up jobs on conventional and CNC machine shop equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
• Inspect own work for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to requirements including HSE requirements, quality standards, and all work instructions.
• Support other departments as directed including performing assembly work and painting. Required Skills:
• Experienced using hand tools, portable power tools, basic metrology tools/instruments including calipers, micrometers, thread gages, etc. and material handling equipment including cranes and forklifts.
• 1-2 years minimum experience in industrial manufacturing environment or similar education in an industrial trade.
• Ability to work 10 hour shifts, primarily in standing position.
• Initial training will be on a first shift schedule, however the job will require working second shift with the basic schedule being 4pm - 2:30 am Monday - Thursday plus overtime as directed.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Desired Skills:
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications - Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Proficiency welding of steel and aluminum.
• Experience with conventional or CNC machining centers.