IT Infrastructure Operations Manager
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Information Technology Group (ITG)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The IT Infrastructure Operations Manager will be responsible to support and manage IT Infrastructure and Enterprise workloads deployed in multi-cloud platforms (AWS and Azure. The candidate will also apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of IT solutions/systems to support customer requirements. Enable SME/Architectural excellence to drive global business transformation efforts inclusive of evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure through a balanced score card approach. Manage security requirements, cloud monitoring, deployment & provisioning tools, etc. The candidate will be responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing (AWS and Azure) and technology systems, as well as experience designing and deploying applications into the cloud.
- Manage a team of onsite and offshore system infrastructure administration & Solution design in cloud operations.
- Collaborate with technical/business teams to assess requirements, design a technical architecture roadmap that is aligned with the enterprise architecture and strategic business requirements to maximize the business value.
- Evaluate, prototype, and select infrastructure solutions adhering to architecture standards for availability, security, reliability, scalability, recoverability, manageability, etc.
- Create a well-informed cloud execution strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Utilize modern development platforms and languages to develop custom solutions to comply with moving on-prem applications to the cloud.
- Implement Operational Tools like deployment, provisioning, monitoring, performance measurement tools, etc.,
- Working closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the design.
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture.
- Support and work alongside cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies.
- Provide support to develop catalog of services and rate card to provide transparency to the business users with the implementation and support model.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Conduct security reviews of designs working with cloud and corporate security.
- Proactively manage to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have at least 8+ years of experience architecting infrastructure services and Solutions.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field required. MS preferred.
- Must have at least 6+ years of hands-on experience in supporting IT Infrastructure operations in Cloud platform using Azure and AWS,
- 3+ years of experience in managing and supporting Containers [Kubernetes/Docker] platforms, Software defined storage, Open compute, and software defined network.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with major public cloud providers – Azure and AWS Preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts and experience deploying/migrating to cloud environments.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Experience defining/designing technical solutions to ensure business continuity (DR/Backup).
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Results oriented, innovative, proactive with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong cross-functional influencing skills, and proven ability to work with outside advisors.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.