Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Hitachi Vantara Content Portfolio product management team is looking for an outstanding product manager to help direct Hitachi Vantara's Hitachi Content Platform Anywhere and Hitachi Content Platform Gateway products.
This is a challenging position requiring passion to continuously deliver highly innovative capabilities to these file sharing and synchronization technologies that are tightly integrated with Hitachi Vantara's (HV) industry leading object storage technology. A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision; a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen.Responsibilities
1. Manage entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to EOL.
2. Specify product requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with all geography leaders and their teams to integrate feedback and business requirements. Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace, considering competition, time to market, costs and internal capabilities.
3. Work closely with all internal groups to ensure successful product roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
4. Developing and implementing a company-wide business and go-to-market plan with key HV product delivery stakeholders.
5. Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with sales and customers to increase product sales via sales calls at customer accounts.
6. Make and champion decisions that shape new directions for product line. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
7. Educates other teams on technical and business benefits of HV's object storage product family, with a focus on the sales and pre-sales organizations.
8. Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available products. Assist with strategy setting with regard to the market segment.
9. Ability to analyze the financial condition of the business and provide high-quality monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports for executives.
10. Analyze and execute potential partner relationships for the product line.Profile
• Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science and a graduate degree in business. Direct experience in software engineering is very valuable.
• Depth of knowledge in file storage technologies with an awareness and eagerness to learn requirements emanating from cloud and object storage, data analytics and IoT use cases.
• An ability to analyze and understanding market conditions and requirements. In particular, past experience product managing file or cloud storage technologies related to storage for analytics use cases are highly valued.
• Familiarity with different sales models in both Capex and Opex orientation.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking and reporting.
• Proven ability to coordinate consultative multi-skilled teams, customer, and third parties.
• Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
• Worldwide travel will be about 15% on average, but may be greater in any given month.
• Must be a self-starter who has sufficient knowledge and motivation to require very little direct management