Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Incoming Inspector
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Piossasco (TO).
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Support the Supply Chain Quality (SCQ) Unit in performing timely inspections of incoming materials, which have to be sent either to the subsequent manufacturing phases or to our Customers directly, in accordance with the rules foreseen by Hitachi Rail STS' strategy. Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
Regarding Railway/ Mass Rapid Transit/ Light Rapid Transit applications:
• Ensure the correct documental and technical inspections of incoming parts being delivered to the Production Line, or shipped to an alternative site.
• Collaborate with the involved Manufacturing teams to provide timely solutions in case of any incoming nonconformity found late.
• Manage and supervise Incoming Inspection Quality Notifications (QN's) during all their lifecycle, and provide prompt warning in case of critical or unresolved issues.
• Support all the involved teams on the "Decision on Use" of parts that cannot be classified as "passed" or "not passed" after a first inspection.
• Ensure the correct application of the Incoming Inspection Procedures/ Instructions within the local team, and proactively give suggestions to their head for any further process improvement.
• Take an active part to both Internal and External Audits, when needed.
Technical Secondary School Diploma.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Good working relationship skills with colleagues, External Providers, and Customers.
• Knowledge of Excel and Word or equivalent spreadsheet and word processor software applications.
• Knowledge of ERP (SAP).
• Willingness to learn.
• Knowledge of fundamentals and basic rules of technical drawing, both mechanical and electrical.
• Familiarity with electronic parts, measurement tools, and IPC standards.
• Not afraid to get your hands dirty, also for manual material handling.
• Team spirit.
• Open-minded both about question yourself and about new ways of doing things.
• English: Good.
• Necessity of working in collaboration both with STS Logistic Partners and with STS SCM and Manufacturing teams, to take care about SCQ issues.