Solution engineer will be responsible for architect, design, implement, test, and document of value-added solution integrations built on Hitachi Unified Converged Platform for Virtualization. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. This will help our customers see the value of integrating our products into a comprehensive solution to solve their challenges and drive increased product adoption. Job Functions:
- Design, implement, test, and document VMware-based solutions integrations on Hitachi Unified Converged Platform for Virtualization
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, technical presentations, analyst briefings, and white papers that detail the configurations, test methodology, results and Best Practices, along with the overall customer benefit of the solution
- Be the technical focal point for solution segment(s) that you are assigned.
- Work with Engineering and partners (if appropriate) to properly set test (and performance) goals. After agreement, develop, review and execute test plan. Debug issues as they come up. Testing can be done with the Hitachi Vantara lab environment or an outside lab if appropriate.
- Support, assist, and consult with all levels of Hitachi Vantara, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, VP, etc, through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi UCP VMware Converged and Hyper-Converged solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery, and archiving.
- Responsible for ongoing management of configuration and layout of UCP solution infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge in enterprise virtualization solutions using VMware vSphere. VMware Certified Engineer preferred.
- Good storage knowledge in RAID, disk-subsystem, file system, snapshot, replication, and deduplication
- Excellent knowledge in networking and storage protocols: Fibre Channel, NVMeOF, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, Storage Area Network
- Broad exposure and experience in integrating hardware solutions including servers (UNIX, LINUX, and Windows) with storage systems
- Experience in performance tuning, benchmarking and analysis with tools such as LoginVSI, vdbench, iometer, etc.
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to work independently
- Experience with other virtualization technologies such as RedHat KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V as well as Containers and container orchestration (Dockers, Kubernetes, Mesos) is a plus
- Coding experience (in Python, Perl, PHP, shell, etc) to automate test scripts is a plus
- Hitachi storage - product experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of competitor compute/storage stack is a plus
- Understanding datacenter operations is a plus
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, DSM, PM, VP, etc.
- Possess the ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or conditions requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors with solutions in the $100K to $20M spectrum.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and overall PROFIT.
- Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and PROFIT, as well as, HITACHI VANTARA' reputation.
- Leadership and project management roles will be assigned for tasks and projects as required.
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in open systems hardware and software and networking infrastructure.