Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The DevOps Architect is responsible for design and development of innovative DevOps solutions and automation workflows into different types of cloud and OnPrem deployments on Kubernetes using infrastructures as code and Hitachi Vantara Accelerator Platforms.
This role requires architecting , advanced troubleshooting and delivering solution using sophisticated DevOps tools with AWS / AZURE/ GCP and Kubernetes experience/knowledge.
As a DevOps Architect, in your normal day you will be
- Leading and mentoring Team of DevOps engineers on day-to-day operations including Design Review, Code Reviews and Architecture Reviews.
- Designing and maintaining the Architecture for new services being launched within the Platform Team.
- Implement the Security best practices in the software delivery as well infrastructure level.
- Research and investigate the new areas to improve the efficiency across the deployment.
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure as Code (Terraform Code) for various cloud and application deployment.
- Creating and maintaining the Automation of Hitachi Vantara Accelerator deployments using various DevOps Components.
- Creating and maintaining various CI-CD Jenkins pipelines Hitachi Vantara Accelerator Components.
- Writing and maintaining the automation for Kubernetes cluster deployments across the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Writing inspec / AWSSPEC code for testing infra and code.
- Maintaining various Chef Cookbook/Ansible Playbooks for automation pieces.
- Creating the Architecture Diagrams and documentation for various pieces
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree or 10+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer / System Engineer on microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Able to lead and mentor the team of DevOps Engineers.
- Strong knowledge in Systems Administration - troubleshooting skills with Linux.
- Experience with CI/CD best practices and tooling, preferably Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/GCP or private cloud environments.
- Experience and understanding of modern container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience on Infrastructure as code development using Terraform
- Experience with Git Flow and Release process.
- Proficiency in any programming or scripting language such as Shell Script, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience with modern monitoring solutions including but not limited to Elasticsearch/Flaunted/Kibana/Grafana/Prometheus stack
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment as individual contributor as well as lead the team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Configuration Management experience with Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- AWS / Kubernetes Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect / CKA
- Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Docker files and Helm
- Continuous Integration setup and administration
- Release Engineering: deployment pipelines; continuous deployment
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Good to have experience on service meshes
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.