Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Head of Construction for the Americas
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Role:
Hitachi Rail is growing rapidly in the United States in the Signaling and Turn Key business. Hitachi Rail has a backlog of major projects in Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco and Honolulu in the United States, Hurontario in Canada and Lima in Peru. Hitachi Rail is also engaged in major tenders including California High Speed Rail, Santiago Line 7, Metrolinx Ontario Line and Calgary Green Line.
The Principal Construction Manager will be the regional manager responsible for all construction related activities in both North and South America reporting to the Global Head of Construction. The role will be a member of the extended leadership team for Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. and will advise the US Executive Leadership Team on all matters related to construction in the Americas region. Accountabilities:
• Support the Hitachi Rail Americas Region Business Unit by leading the construction management team responsible for the delivery of Turnkey Signaling and Metro System projects currently in backlog.
• Support sales and bidding with delivery strategies to achieve winning bids for new Turnkey Signaling and Metro System Projects.
• Support procurement with partnering and subcontracting strategies for the delivery of construction and installation scope.
• Implement Health Safety & Environment Management standards across all construction sites in compliance with country regulations and Company policy as governed by the HSE Department.
• Determine the construction staffing requirements to support active projects and bids in the region.
• Recruit and assign management and supervision resources across construction projects within the region in accordance with project budgets.
• Aggregate and report on Project performance across all projects in the region and monitor construction KPIs.
• Aggregate and report on project and process risks and implement mitigations where required.
• Define and maintain the functional indirect cost budget.
• Maintain Standard Systems, Tools and Processes to ensure the quality of construction deliverables and the installed product across the region by implementing global standards or local solutions aligned with global policies.
• Incorporate lessons learned into local processes and work methods. Communicate these lessons to the Global Head of Construction for potential inclusion into company standard processes.• Travel includes a significant portion of the working time, estimated at 25-50%. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Over 10 years of installation and construction related experience in the rail and/or metro systems industries
• Experience building teams to support projects with a diverse scope.
• Knowledge of technologies and construction methods applied to metro and/or rail systems.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations in the Americas
• Knowledge of project management best practices including scope management, planning and scheduling, cost management, risk management and subcontracting. Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Over 15 years of General Industry experience
• Proposal Development Knowledge
• Signaling System Knowledge
• Experience with interface management including an understanding of the processes and risks required during construction.
• Spanish language would be helpful with South American Projects but not mandatory Education:
• Bachelor degree in engineering/construction or equivalent work experience Languages:
• English Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/