Company: Hitachi, Ltd.
Division: Global Social Innovation Business (SIB)
Status: Regular, Full-Time
A Technical Project Manager is responsible for providing project planning and management for established initiatives within a company. They ensure that projects are completed to specification, within an established time frame and budget. A Technical Project Manager is the lead subject matter expert within the company regarding technology concerns. Additionally, they will hire and train additional support member in a business's tech department. They use their industry expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management.
Project Managers are tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company, including managing a technology budget and making investments to align the company with their vision for its technological needs. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and an expert in technological development.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Determine and assess need for additional project staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Identify and manage risks, mitigation, and quality
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Institute project management templates, forms, processes and tools for other team members to utilize sales, scoping and project conversations
- Master's degree in Project Management or related technical field required
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition required
- 15+ years of demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in the technology department
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Experience managing scope, schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, configuration, and change management across the phases of project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, and close
- Experience building, using, and maintaining project plans using software tools tracking tasks, dependencies, resources, and timelines
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Experience and willingness to work and collaborate within a large, complex global company, structured in matrixed and highly regionalized workplaces
- Experience working with the Japanese culture is a plus
- Ability to evaluate and communicate the technical and business tradeoffs of various solution architectures to an executive client audience, large groups, and at conferences
- Regular and expeditious travel throughout the year to meet client needs and timetables
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.