Hitachi Solution currently seeking a Data Warehouse Solution Architect within the Data & Analytics practice, who will empower our clients and design and deliver creative high-quality solutions. Solution Architects establish positive relationships with business, technical, and vendor partner groups to help define outcome-based modern data solutions that deliver long-term value to our clients. Successful Solution Architects help our clients tackle their biggest problems with creative business focused technology solutionsJob Description
As a Data Warehouse Solution Architect, you are a liaison between information technology and business units and are responsible for the design and implementation of data warehouse solutions for all the analytical needs of our internal and external customers. This includes supporting traditional reporting and more advanced analyses based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. You start by gathering requirements to develop a solution blueprint for the architecture and during the implementation phase.
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and data warehouse modernization. The role is to help our customers and partners to eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy and modern data warehouses and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. Our consultants will develop, deliver, and implement data warehouse projects that help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics.QualificationsPrimary Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, and maintain the enterprise data warehouse architecture and related data marts in accordance with system requirements
• Resolves complex problems and monitors usage of the data warehouse.
• Participate in the full lifecycle of the data warehouse development from gathering and understanding end-user analytics and reporting needs, architecting the solution, detailing the technical design, implementing the solution, and validating the solution with Customers
• Determine data loading and data refreshing strategies
• Implement and enforce standards and procedures to ensure data is managed consistently and properly integrated within the warehouse.
• Take a leading role in evaluating new data warehouse applications, architecture, and technology choices for possible adoption and improving the performance of existing applications
• Designs and implements highly scalable ETL processes with complex data transformations and data formats including error handling and monitoring.
• Maintains and supports the data model by implementing and managing strategies for tuning and optimization for stability and performance.Soft/Technical Skills:
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Ecosystem, including but not limited to Azure SQL and cloud data solutions such as HD Insight, Databricks, SQL DW, Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
• Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
• Experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI and Birst.
• Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
• Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
• Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
• Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
• Adept in developing, publishing, and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements.
• Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources.
• Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
• Strong Object/relational mapping experience with UML modeling and OO modeling.
• Demonstrated experience of estimation and planning.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years in job roles involving metadata management, relational/dimensional modeling and big data solution approaches with native Azure Data Platform tools
• Strong aptitude and technical skills with conceptual strength in logical solutions driven towards balanced optimal considerations.
• Solid knowledge in SQL, security standards, BI tools, ETL tools and Microsoft/Azure specific technologies.
• Ability to implement cloud-based data ingestion (ETL vs ELT) solutions
• Build the data pipelines in Azure Data Factory (ADF) for the data lake. Design and develop BI solutions for the team.