This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0001811
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2021
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Quality Lab Technician
Company: Hitachi Automotive Electric Motor Systems America, Inc.
Location: Berea, KY
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Hourly)
Shifts: 1st shift
Reports to: QA Manager
Summary: Responsible for supplier and AM - MS manufacturing parts quality through the life of the program including warranty concerns.
Essential Functions: Includes the following (other duties may be documented and assigned by local management and some duties may not apply dependent upon the requirements of the position at Astemo AM-MS site and/or the strengths of the employee and the needs of the company).
• Physical inspection of components and finished products by use of various automatic inspection equipment and hand-held inspection tools based on standards shown in engineering drawings or specification documents.
• Support dimensional and physical properties inspection on incoming supplier components and raw materials as specified.
• Support dimensional and physical properties inspection of in-process components and sub-assembly components as specified.
• Support dimensional and physical properties inspection of finished goods products as specified.
• Maintain overall Lab inspection work request information, work schedule plan,
communication with outside depts on work completion status as needed.
• Maintain Lab facilities equipment / tool items listing, to include storage location plan, calibration schedule, repair or replacement events.
• As needed support QA Eng. And Line Inspectors with quality inspection / sorting on production floor.
• Maintain Lab layout organization, safety and cleanliness at all times.
• Prepare various type of QA Lab standard documents, reports as needed to show evidence of completed work and to assist with communication of inspection results to requesting or related departments.
• Perform testing functions of both mechanical and electrical in nature.
• 3 - 5 years prior related experience preferred.
• Associate's degree or technical certifications in a technical field preferred.
• Must have the ability to learn and operate latest technology equipment used for the purpose of dimensional and physical properties testing functions such as ; 3 axis CMM, 3-D Measurement Scanner, CNC Measurement, Digital Microscope, Tensile Strength, Surface Finish, Height Gauge and various hand held inspection tools.
• Be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Possess ability to perform duties utilizing current company software applications.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Ability to work 40 - 60 hours per week.
• Travel: Domestic and international may be required as needed.
• Work Environment: Working in an office environment with frequent exposure to manufacturing areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.