Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is hiring a Software Product Developer with experience developing C++ software. The Software Product Developer will be responsible for the design, integration, testing and product deployment as well as customer support for Hitachi Vantara Converged and Hyper-Converged Products. This is a hands-on Programming and Scripting position in a Linux environment.Responsibilities
- Requirement analysis, design, code, unit test and fix defects in a range of scenarios such as regular release cycles, prototypes, customer escalations and PoCs
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Independently determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Software development will entail owning existing feature set, continually expand new product features and sustaining activities.
- Liaise with development and test groups (h/w and s/w)to isolate performance bottlenecks, and to resolve technical issues encountered by internal teams and customers
- Leverage available lab resources company-wide, which will require cross-functional interaction.
- Agile Development Practices and Meetings
- Redfish and IPMI is required skill.
- Masters in Computer Science is minimum qualification. May be waived in extraordinary circumstances. In addition, 3-6 years hands-on software product experience. This duration cannot include any internship, or OPT experience
- Career must be in data center infrastructure software development and be a 100% hands-on coder
- Worked in Agile development
- C++ Developer with 3-6 years experience in object oriented software development on Linux. Prior history of multi-threading, locking, caching, distributed programming, and access control
- Need experience with developing C++ software for the management of at least one of the following: Block Storage, Servers, Network Switches, or Hypervisors
- Familiar with management interfaces of the above mentioned hardware.
- Scripting experience with Python or Perl is required
- Cloud Native Applications development a plus
- Kubernetes and Microservices Design and Deployment experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.