HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Verification and Validation Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Develop test procedures to satisfy system and subsystem hardware and software requirements
• Develop documentation showing compliance to applicable standards and requirements specifications
• Develop software system and subsystem level test procedures
• Issue the tests reports and report on non-compliances
• Perform data verification and analyze based on Signaling Technology Knowledge
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Ability to perform testing independently
• Basic idea about Railway Signaling Technology
• Familiar with AutoCAD
• Familiar with Linux
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity in development of test procedures and execution of testing in accordance with applicable standards (i.e., EN 50128, IEEE 1558, EN 50121-3-2, EN 50155, etc.)
• Competent in Microsoft Office products
• 3-5 years'experience in V&V activities within the railway or other regulated field
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Ability to understand testing methods
• Knowledge of the testing and reporting processes to implement process improvement methods or tools
• PYTHON coding experience
• Effective time management
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge international and national standards
• Able to work independently
• Product V&V testing background
• Good recordkeeping
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background
Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/