Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Hitachi Content Portfolio product management team is looking for an outstanding solutions product manager to help direct solution offerings that leverage Hitachi's industry leading object storage with software applications from Hitachi Vantara and independent software vendors (ISVs).
This position requires a passion to deliver solutions that combine application and Hitachi Vantara object storage technologies with a prescribed set of services to create a unified solution to address modern real-world enterprise data management, protection and analytics challenges. Examples of such solutions include helping enterprise customers better manage their data to efficiently comply to new and evolving data privacy regulations, or solutions to better connect data generated at edge locations to corporate data analytics capabilities. A position at this level requires a candidate who needs little to no supervision; a proven self-starter capable of understanding what needs to be done and making it happen.
Position will be located in our Waltham office once it is open, so candidate needs to reside locally and work remote until that time. Responsibilities
- Manage entire lifecycle of solution offerings from strategic planning to EOL.
- Analyze and select applications to target for tight integration with Hitachi Vantara object storage products.
- Develop partner relationship, coordinate application resell agreements, and coordinate joint solution integration requirements.
- Specify solution requirements by conducting research supported by customer feedback and working with all geography leaders and their teams to integrate feedback and business requirements.
- Work closely with all internal groups to ensure successful solution roll-out and on-going internal and external 3rd-party certifications/qualifications as required.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide business and go-to-market plan with key HV solution delivery stakeholders including sales, technical sales, marketing, product support, and services delivery.
- Exceptional presentation and communications skills with an ability to work directly with Sales and customers to increase product sales.
- Make and champion decisions that shape new directions for the solutions. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers.
- Keeping abreast of the market, our competitors, customer requirements and the available products. Assist with strategy setting with regard to the market segment.
- Ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer science and a graduate degree in business. Past direct experience software engineering is valuable.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in product management with product sets targeting enterprise-class customers. Business plan creation and execution as well as financial tracking and reporting.
- Depth of knowledge in storage technologies (object and/or file storage in particular) with an awareness and eagerness to learn the capabilities and requirements in targeted software solutions that leverage object storage.
- Experience doing, or good knowledge of, business development activities with partners for joint go to market activity.
- An ability to analyze and understanding market conditions and requirements. In particular, past experience product managing object storage, horizontally scaling file, and/or software products that leverage these technologies.
- Familiarity with different sales models in both Capex and Opex orientation.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Proven ability to coordinate consultative multi-skilled teams, customer, and third parties.
- Proven ability to resolve conflict and arbitrate.
- Worldwide travel will be roughly 15% on average.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.