HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Product Solution Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Core purpose: Execute, for signalling & turnkey products/platforms/solutions, the project portfolio management and the implementation of the product and solution portfolio strategy
Main Tasks & Responsibilities (in the perimeter of signalling and turnkey):
• Ensure identifying customer needs and detailed requirements in terms of:
o Functional requirements
o Performance requirements
o Time to market (focus on implementation schedule)
• Support the Bidding Team, during each bidding stage, in identifying the most competitive Standard Technical Solution in compliance with Portfolio Guidelines (time, costs, functional and performance requirements)
• Monitoring of R&D Budget/Plan up to whole life, including investments approval process (initiatives/projects, time schedule and budgets). Through the participation (and active collaboration) of progress meetings organized by COO Rolling Stock, COO Sig/Turnkey and Digital, Innovation & Lumada
• Support Product Portfolio & Roadmap unit in maintaining the Standard Product and Application Portfolio Database, providing updated information on time
• Develop an exhaustive document which states competitor benchmarking or analysis aimed to identify the pros/cons of existing and new technologies/products/platforms/solutions
• Execute the project portfolio management of the R&D new strategic initiatives. Acting as the project manager ensures:
o The definition and development of a product/platform/solution roadmap
o Activity and resource planning
o Cost estimating and developing the budget
o internal customer satisfaction
o Analysis and management of project risk
o collaboration with R&D Cost Controlling
o Monitoring progress, organizing the Product Portfolio QPRs
Develop business cases, defining the main options, requirements and preparing cost vs. benefits analysis.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Minimum of 5 years working experience
• Financial & Economics skills
• Project Management skills
• Knowledge of Solutions and Products in Company Portfolio, as well as the competitive arena
• Knowledge of Life Cycle costing of products
• Decision-making and communication skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background
Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/