Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated EM COMPATIBILITY ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Mission:
Electromagnetic Compatibility Design and testing on project, in order to meet the requirements imposed by the various contracts either for the Tender or Backlog Projects. Accountabilities
With reference to EM Compatibility System Design and Testing on project:
• Ensure the management (i.e. identification, allocation, traceability) and the fulfilment of EMI/EMC (System and Signalling) Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
• Guarantee the identification, the management and the resolution of the EMI/EMC interfaces among the subsystems
• Ensure the execution of technical analysis and simulations on EMI/EMC
• Execute the Verification activities of EMI/EMC documents, according to the V&V Plan
• Ensure the timely and effective performance of System EMI/EMC tests
• Contribute to solve EMI/EMC issues by supervising technical analysis and measurements
• Participate to EMI/EMC laboratory test for equipment (e.g. CE mark certification) in order to ensure compliance with EMI/EMC design requirements
• Participate to EMI/EMC on site tests of subsystems in order to ensure compliance with EMI/EMC design requirements
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- From 3 up to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise or similar background
- Engineering Installations Principles;
- System Performances (headway, commercial speed, run times etc...)
- System Safety
- System Functional Design and testing
- Engineering Installation and cable ways design
- Signalling systems Integrated design and testing
- EMI/EMC at overall system level
- EMI/EMC at signalling subsystem level
- Rolling Stock Integration Design
- System Function Interface definition for onboard equipments
- Vehicle Subsystems
- Architecture Knowledge
- Subsystem Architectures Knowledge
- EMI/EMC testing
- Integrated System Testing
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/