Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We're looking for a Design Director who is a systematic thinker, thrives on creating compelling design solutions, and driven by a passion to build beautiful design experiences that engages audiences. The Design Director at Hitachi Vantara is a key leader within Hitachi Vantara's Creative Brand Experience Team and reports directly to the Director of Creative Brand and Digital Events. In this role, you will be responsible for building and shaping our brand identity/design system across web, video, print, office environments, and evolving our brand guidelines to inspire and enable the rest of the organization to activate our brand.
As the Design Director you will inspire, manage and mentor a small but mighty team of graphic, visual and UI/UX designers. Encouraging personal career development is important at HV and this includes managing our Center of Excellence designers in India. She/He will be expected to collaboratively define and solve design problems in systematic ways alongside our agency partners and in communication with our parent company, Hitachi Ltd.
This is a highly impactful role where you will have the opportunity to make a difference across the organization, shaping our brand, designing dynamic 360 campaigns and influencing our employee culture with beautiful visual design experiences. The ideal candidate possesses a clear and concise ability to articulate the thinking behind design concepts and manage expectations with key stakeholders. This position is both a hands-on and managerial role that requires a strategic and conceptual thinker combined with the ability to execute bold, crisp design.Responsibilities
- Build the brand experience from the ground up for Hitachi Vantara.
- Offer creative, data-driven design solutions to visually educate and simplify technology.
- Ensure that our web experience pushes towards cutting edge and industry-leading, all while maintaining a cohesive modern aesthetic and clean look/feel in all design elements.
- Manage a team of global designers to produce design deliverables with a high standard for quality and detail within time and technical constraints.
- Design and iterate within specified product/system requirements and deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with Hitachi group companies to team to communicate design trends and opportunities across web and social properties.
- Develop, drive and govern our brand and style guide systems.
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience designing rich branded content across a wide variety of mediums.
- 3+ years designing in B2B /or Marketing Agency.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience managing and developing a team of global designers.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and help define goals for projects.
- A portfolio that represents a strong understanding of typography, range of design styles, diversity of projects, and a clear personal aesthetic.
- Demonstrated experience developing a brand identity and design systems.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Proven track record working with internal design team and agencies to elevate the quality, creativity and deliverables developed.
- A strong point of view on creative ideas and ability to promote conceptual thinking among team.
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter that can juggle multiple projects.
- Expert knowledge of relevant design tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.