Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. Meet our team
The EMEA Talent Acquisition team represent Hitachi Vantara career opportunities to the talent market and we are passionate about the role we play in influencing the future success of the organisation. We are quality focused, with a desire to go the extra mile, which enables us to build strong relationships with our business customers and deliver talent solutions that bring added value.
We are highly resourceful and always ready to tackle hiring projects with enthusiasm and positivity. Our strong, collaborative team provides the opportunity to work with international colleagues and on a broad variety of hiring initiatives and TA focused projects. What you will be doing
Supporting the EMEA Product Engineering teams, which are primarily located in Portugal but also have a presence in the UK, as a trusted recruitment advisor to the business. Seeking to support current and future hiring needs, you will leverage creative search and selection tools and methods to identify, attract and recruit key talent for Software Development, DevOps, Product Design and Management, QA Testing and Automation disciplines - both experienced hires and internships.
As the primary point of contact for hiring managers in your region, you will:
What you bring to the team
- Qualify hiring needs and provide advice on the best recruiting approach and talent market insights
- Proactively target and attract talent to build an engaged pipeline of candidates that are excited by the Hitachi proposition
- Qualify candidates to accurately assess candidates (against a high bar for technical competence) and cultural complement to the team and wider Hitachi business and core values
- Present diverse and qualified candidate shortlists to enable hiring managers to make the best hiring decisions
- Own and lead recruitment activities, setting expectations with the business and ensuring the best candidate experience
- Leverage social media channels to build brand awareness and drive talent engagement and interest
- Previous in-house exposure is an advantage but by no means essential
- Proven sourcing and attraction capability within the technology space
- Knowledge of recruiting deeply technical profiles
- Experience in managing the end-to-end recruitment life-cycle
- A collaborative approach to working, engaging proactively with HR Business Partners and other internal stakeholders
- Any additional European languages relevant to the region of coverage would be an advantage
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge