National Account Manager
Company: Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America, LLC. (HIESA)
Division: Marking and Coding
Location: Remote/Home Office
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Strategic Account Manager mission is to develop and expand our presence and sales activity within specific assigned key accounts, establishing the company at those corporate entities as a Key Supplier for all their marking and coding needs. The SA Manager is the central contact point for all activities related to his/her assigned accounts and she/he is directly accountable for the revenue generated by these accounts within the United States and Canada. The SA Manager is the coordinator of all sales efforts within the assigned accounts and as such she/he must be able to work effectively and openly with the Operational personnel, Global customer team, Regional support functions like the Pre-Sales, Marketing and Technical groups.
- Responsible for development of annual and medium-term business plans and strategies to increase share of business and sustainable revenue within assigned accounts.
- Manage the equipment sales process of assigned key accounts, reviewing needs and requirements of specific projects, preparing quotes and negotiating prices and conditions, coordinating equipment ordering and following-up on delivery and installation.
- Manage and negotiate the health of After Sales Revenue for the accounts assigned and grow the revenue annually at a rate faster than the general market.
- Coordinate and drive all sales efforts within assigned accounts by interfacing at the corporate level and by delegating as required other tasks to territory Sales Engineers and Operational personnel working at the local plants.
- Visit and develop working relationships with key personnel at assigned corporate entities by doing, among other initiatives, corporate presentations on the company and its products, services and applications.
- Communicate upward to management and to the Operations the account activities related to the assigned accounts.
- Visit plants in the case of complex installations and act as the company management representative to deal with service, products, technical and contractual issues.
- Continuously develop product and market knowledge and selling skills.
- Negotiate and implement Master Pricing Agreements and Contracts for assigned accounts.
- Coordinate with other SA Managers and Global SA Managers to optimize value for assigned accounts.
- Minimum of 7 years of Account Management experience in packaging industry or related field is required.
- BS in business or related field is required.
- 2-3 years of national account sales experience is strongly required.
- Change management experience is a plus
- Creating business plans and selling strategy to major national companies in a highly competitive marketplace
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers across different geographies
- Leadership/project management in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated experience effectively building and leading project teams to achieve goals
- Candidate will be required to travel 50-70 percent or more across North America with management trips to Chicago. Must be able to accommodate very little advanced notice for travel and understand that work beyond and outside of standard business hours will be required as necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The individual must be organized, a good communicator, professional in appearance and demeanor.
- The candidate must be able to fully understand customers and their needs while making a positive impression when representing the company.
- This individual must be a motivated self-starter and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- An understanding of and aptitude towards the sales process and techniques is a must.
- Experience with CRM tool and process, experience with Sales Force desirable
- They should also have the following:
- Subject Matter Expert for Coding and Marking
- Competitive Selling and Negotiating Skills
- Highly developed communication skills demonstrating strong verbal, presentation development, advanced written as well as listening for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong numeric/analytical capabilities in (but not limited to) financial, system quotes, forecasting, and problem resolution.
- Personal computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Office
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.