in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Turin - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Achievement of procurement targets Accountabilities
- Support the implementation of global commodity strategies
- Ensure the implementation of a complete sourcing package preparing cost estimation for the assigned commodities based on comprehensive analysis of the market, project/bids needs.
- Ensure availability of the high level "short list" of the potential suppliers for project/bid with the required market\country\technology for the relevant global commodity
- Ensure that global shortlisted suppliers adhere to the company policies and criteria defined for supplier qualification
- Ensure the complete qualification of suppliers according to the company criteria's applicable to the specific market /category (SUDA, QA, ...)
- Ensure both the effective and efficient negotiation of Price, Terms and Conditions with Suppliers (i.e. BAFO, target, etc.) and the preparation of the relevant reports in accordance with Company procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure procurement execution (transactional operations) for relevant global commodity by:
- Issuing and release of POs following up on Contracts in alignment with internal procurement processes and procedures
- Drafting of agreements, such as MoU, LOI, LOA and Contract
- Following on PR raised by projects according to Commodity threshold
- PR transformation into PO, according to Company processes and procedures
- Achievement of global commodity targets (bid and project targets)
- Ensure the implementation of all actions required to solve identified issues of Global suppliers (e.g.: variation order, contract clauses, ...) in collaboration with local procurement units, if needed
- Contribute to the collection of all global commodity data relevant to make the "Cost Estimation Template" to be provided to the Local procurement in charge of data communication to SP during the Bid Phase
- Ensure, according to the supply plan/project schedule, the implementation of all the procurement activities for relevant global commodity
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 5 up to 10 years of Procurement expertise
- Cost & Commercial Acumen
- Commodity Knowledge
- Benchmarking and risk management
- Suppliers relationship
- Suppliers qualification processes and methods
- Vendor rating and suppliers monitoring
- Purchasing Process and Procedures
University Degree (Engineering, Economics) or Equivalent Technical Background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/