Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ASSOCIATE O&M PERFORMANCE & PLANNING ENGINEERING INTERN
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. This a REMOTE
position is based in Baltimore, MD. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Answer inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic company information;
• Perform clerical duties, take memos, maintain files, and organize documents; photocopy, fax, etc. as needed
• Assist in preparing information and research materials; create and maintain PowerPoint presentations
• Take notes and memos during meetings; type documents, drafts, and reports; sort and manage files
• Run general industry related errands
• Manage databases and input information, data, and records
• Research and gather documentation on company position in the industry
• Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
• Follows established processes and checklists.
• Understands and applies basic concepts
• Assist more senior level employees, specialists, and managers in their activities.
• Complete tasks individually and also as team participant
• Seek guidance when needed but requires moderate guidance and direction from more senior level employees, specialists, and/or managers.
• Execute program management office action items that include analysis, project coordination and coordinate, execute, and track projects according to a task schedule. Required Skills:
• Communication- Candidate must be ability to write and speak professionally, have experience in providing oral presentations and have the ability to communicate effectively - to translate ideas and convey information.
• Collaboration - must have the ability to be a team player and collaborate with internal and external parties.
• Time Management- the ability to prioritize responsibilities and recognize when it's appropriate to multitask or focus on one particular project/ task at a time.
• Research and Analysis- previous experience in data acquisition and Analysis.
• Adaptability- willingness to become familiar with the different parts of our organization and being exposed to all areas within the company.
• Technical Proficiency- familiar with current computer software and other basic productivity software.
• Initiative- motivated self-starters looking to lead rather than be led while exceeding the expectations of yourself and your peers. THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP WITH A 3-6 MONTH APPROXIMATE DURATION