Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Maintenance Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Toronto, ON. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The purpose of this role is to lead the maintenance and repair of the incoming high voltage A.C. power supply and the D.C. traction power supply system/ third rail system. The role is also responsible for the maintenance and repair of the track system including track, switches, frogs and the track support system as well as the Facilities, Depot and Stations.Technical Responsibilities
• Review installation drawings, testing and commissioning. plans/procedures/method statement and as built drawings and site acceptance inspection and test reports.
• Lead and direct the Track and Power Systems maintenance teams in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on the Power Systems.
• Ensure compliance with maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure the safety and performance of the track and power systems
• Perform maintenance planning and program Power Systems and Track maintenance
• Review records kept by the Power Systems and Track Supervisors to ensure that accurate maintenance records are entered into the MMIS
• Conduct performance review of all Power Systems and Track staff
• Carry out 24-hour on-call responsibility for incidents and emergency on the power systems and track Health, Safety and Environment
• Support the safety program and lead the safety goals for all maintenance of way personnel
• Be aware and adhere to requirements affecting your role in relation to: Health, Safety; Security and the Environment
• Ensure that effective Health, Safety, Security and Environmental management is embedded into the delivery of all work in line with established policies, systems, plans, procedures and work instructions
• Take care of your own health and safety and that of others that may be affected by your actions (including colleagues, our customers and communities in which we deliver services)
• Report all incidents and accidents immediately through appropriate reporting channels and take action to isolate any hazards and risks
• Exhibit your commitment to an excellent Health, Safety, Security and Environmental culture among team members, peers, subcontractors and third parties
• Look for ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimize the generation of waste both within the workplace
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Work is performed in a standard office environment and in a transit system field environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous electrical equipment, extreme weather conditions, and physical harm when conducting field surveys and when working in the field.
• Role requires occasional nightshift / weekend work typical of an operating transit systems.Teamwork
• Promote effective teamwork within own department and across departments and build rapport with co-workers.
• Ensure effective communication by email, telephone or in person with co-workers.
• Share thoughts and ideas openly and take into account what others have to say.
• Ensure appropriate handovers are in place between team members at end of shift to ensure continuity of service and delivery.
• Ensure appropriate communication and required actions take place between co-workers within different departments and within own department.Operational Delivery
• Ensure a culture of customer service excellence and continuous improvement is delivered across the organization.
• Submit any scheduled reports or documentation required to supervisors or line managers as directed.
• Ensure that whatever management systems and tools are mandated for your department are used responsibly and accurately, ensuring reporting timelines are met for data input.
• Be aware and adhere to all departmental operational procedures and instructions.
• Be aware and adhere to all Human Resources procedures and instructions.
• Be aware and adhere to the Quality Policy and all related procedures and instructions relating to your department. Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering , Civil Engineering or Facilities Field
• Knowledge of AC. and DC power systems, including DC. third rail metro and D.C. light rail CAT power systems.
• Knowledge of AC. switchgear, harmonic correction equipment, rectifier transformers, rectifiers, inverters, DC. switchgear, UPS systems and batteries, AC. cabling, DC traction power feeder cables and control cables among others elements.
• Knowledge of cable trays and duct banks management systems.
• Awareness of DC Stray Current and earthling practices.
• Knowledge of applicable International codes and standards.
• Knowledge of track standards, track maintenance equipment, track inspection and repair