Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
The Sales Compensation Analyst will primarily be responsible for providing Human Resources Business Partners and their client organizations with consultative support for all sales compensation actions. The position is part of the Total Rewards (TR) team and will work with TR members around the world in a variety of compensation areas. As part of the Total Rewards team, this position develops, implements and administers compensation strategies, policies and programs.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Reviews employee data and provides analytic support and insight related to the analysis.
- Responsible for educating HR and the broader employee base on Hitachi Vantara's compensation philosophy.
- Support HR/TR Transformation by identifying and making recommendations on process improvement/simplification.
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive pay and practice information to help determine company's competitive position.
- May prepare special studies and recommendations on compensation related topics.
- Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- May review job content and job descriptions to identify consolidation opportunities.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- May review proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Participate in sales compensation design and administration, developing and managing policy documents/processes, including Governance committee cases.
- Reviews existing and proposed requirements governing sales compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action.
- 5+ years compensation and/or sales compensation experience; international experience a plus, supporting global organizations, as well as Bachelor Degree.
- Experience in having ownership and implementing compensation plans, miscellaneous incentive programs, working with representatives from multiple functions (Sales/HR/Finance/IT, etc..) as well as senior/executive management.
- Experience working in Finance Function is a plus. Comfortable dealing with financial aspects of sales compensation including cost-modeling, budget allocation, and accruals.
- Advanced Excel skills: Comfortable working with large data sets and standardizing/merging/organizing data from different sources. Extensive experience in performing complex Excel functions including lookups, pivots, and macros and ability to transform data into presentable chart/graph/tables for review and presentations.
- Ability to lead teams and improve performance by establishing new business practices and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to different personality styles, as well as unique needs of different functions.
- Sales compensation experience a plus.
- Experience with Xactly Compensation system is a plus.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge