Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
SAP Project Manager / Solution Architect
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Location: National - can be based anywhere in US, but preferably near one of our offices in the Midwest.
Purpose of Position:
Hitachi Vantara is looking for SAP professionals who have a proven track record of success, aptitude, and leadership. The position requires a broad range of skills and the ability to step in to different roles depending on the size and scope of an engagement.
This role serves as either the Project Manager or Solution Architect on an implementation effort. As a Solution Architect, the role ensures that the design and build of the system is coordinated from an SAP functional and technical. As a Project Manager, the role is responsible for planning and leading SAP ERP projects. The expectation is that the resource considered for position can hold either role on a project.
• Experience as a Project Manager having managed full life cycle projects
• Experience as an overall Integration Manager or Solution Architect role on mid to large scale projects
• Experience with multiple SAP modules; having prior hands on configuration skills
• Prior consulting experience with a management or IT consulting firm
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimally 10 years' experience with SAP, at least five years of implementation experience as a strong Project Manager or Solution Architect
• Communication skills: strong presentation/ communication / facilitation skills (oral and written)
• Experience presenting to large groups focused on SAP solutions and functionality
• Business process analysis and design experience: strong business analysis skills; process mapping; business process design and implementation
• Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, support
• ASAP methodology experience desired
• Exposure to SAP ACTIVATE or other Project Methodologies desired but not required
• PMI certification desired, but not required
• General consulting skills, including: team facilitation, business case development, and business assessment / strategy
• Project management: led medium to large teams of 5-50 resources (both consulting and client employees)
• Experience interacting with clients and building business relationships
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and critical thinking skills
• Experience scoping and estimating SAP implementation projects
• At least 3 - 4 full lifecycle projects completed as the Project Manager or Solution Architect role
• Strong industrial manufacturing or process manufacturing industry experience preferred
Technical Skills needed:
Experience with technology in one or more of the following areas:
• SAP ECC 6.0
• SAP S/4HANA project management experience required (version 1610 or higher)
• SAP Project Management including the ASAP methodology
• Strong Microsoft skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, and Visio
• Solution Manager exposure preferred
• Experience with the core SAP modules and understanding of the integration points between: FICO, SD, MM, and PP
• Exposure to other SAP modules and processes for SCM, SRM, CRM, and BI Tools and technologies
• 80% Travel
• Regular and expeditious travel throughout the United States and occasionally overseas is required to meet client needs and timetables
Job Type: Standard
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.