Who We Are: Hitachi Rail
STS is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
As part of the RAMS team, you will work close together with a Senior Nordic RAMS Manager. We are looking for a person who is eager to learn and curious about RAMS. This is a great opportunity for you to further your experience with CENELEC and to be part of an exciting team.
Working with us in Sweden
Solna (Stockholm) is the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Sweden.
A diverse, inclusive and responsible culture is the root of our company where we consider hiring the right people and treating them well, as key factors of our sustainable success.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with pioneering spirits, driven by customer satisfaction and company global growth.
While our resources are pooled in Stockholm, individuals in each technical area work across overall Scandinavian markets (Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway) and beyond.
As member of the global Hitachi Rail group, you may be offered to take part in global projects and to team-up with colleagues from around the world. Benefits:
In Sweden, our employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay and Pension, as well as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
Ensure project compliance with RAMS requirements, through effective management of RAMS activities and monitoring of V&V activities, in compliance with schedule and budget for medium size and complexity (in terms of number of interfaces and or contract value) projects. Manage the activities needed to build the required safety evidence, as well as the independent safety assessment.
WITH REFERENCE TO MEDIUM SIZE AND COMPLEXITY PROJECTS:
• Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation and monitoring of the project
RAMS and V&V activities and ensure compliance with project budget, schedule and
• Ensure system safety and reliability requirements.
• Ensure the definition and application of the Project V&V governance strategy and
guidelines for the integrated System and for any relevant subsystem/ product, verifying
the related implementation through V&V Plan review and approval;
• Ensure the issue of project RAMs documentation.
• Ensure the execution and issuing of all project RAMS activities and deliverables,
interfacing PM, PE and other departments as required, ensuring information flow to/from
the project RAMS team.
• Ensure the execution and the sharing of communication to the PM of the following
activities: - workload management with periodic workload updates and analysis of deviations; - critical path management and alignment of RAMS schedule with project master
schedule, to avoid unplanned interruption of activities in RAMS stream; - proactive risk management for early detection of cost, schedule, technical and
resource issues and proposal of recovery plans.
• Supported by the assigned RAMS WPLs, estimate RAMS activities and ensure V&V
activities estimation and agree with the PM and the controller the relevant budget.
• Ensure the safety assessment (ISA) certification (NoBo).
• Support preparation of bids and proposals.
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost constrains to relevant Product, Signalling and System RAMS Engineers.
• Compliance with project schedules and RAMS requirements
• Cost and duration of project RAMS (in comparison with budget and schedule) to guarantee the fulfilment of RAMS requirements.
- 3-5 years technical education on university level, preferably with railway (vehicle/track side) as a part of the education.
- 3-5 years as minimum of working with safety especially related to CENELEC EN 50126, -129 and -128.
- Fluent in English, preferably Swedish as well (other languages is a plus to, ex. Finish, Deutsch, Italian)