HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Signaling Engineer On-board
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Responsible for analysis of PTC Freight specifications, decomposing the statements within such specifications into software requirements
- Responsible to identify gaps between customer PTC requirements and standard Onboard product.
- Responsible to assure that the hardware and software design satisfies the customer specification creating or reviewing the test procedures and creating a requirements trace matrix from the test procedures back through the requirements and to the customer specifications.
- System Engineer will be the primary technical interface to the customer throughout the life-cycle of the project and will act as technical liaison relative to the hardware/software development effort with other departments within Hitachi working on the same project.
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with PTC Freight Rail Road
- Basic idea of PTC Requirements
- 5 years' experience working in PTC Freight systems
- Familiar with Configuration Management and Requirement Management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity in development of test procedures and execution of testing in accordance with applicable standards (i.e., EN 50128, IEEE 1558, EN 50121-3-2, EN 50155, etc.)
- Competent in Microsoft Office products
- Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ability to understand testing methods
- Knowledge of the testing and reporting processes to implement process improvement methods or tools
- Requirement management
- Effective time management
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer Interface
- Able to test independently
- Knowledge of Configuration Management and Interface Management
Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/