Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are looking for a Market Insights Specialist, to enable and support our Strategic Marketing team. This high energy individual will be part of our Market Intelligence team and support insights initiatives with actionable and impactful analysis, insights and recommendations to make smarter, more informed decisions to drive our business and strategy.
This person will focus on qualitative as well as quantitative output, with analysis and insights based on research by this person and the broader market intelligence team (sources include market forecasts, market share, competitor financial performance, etc.).
While this person will be expected to work across the entire Hitachi Vantara portfolio, experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Vertical industries (select focus industries include financial services, manufacturing, and utilities) and solution selling, including:
- Ecosystem/partner trends (including co-opetition)
- Persona, buyer dynamics - customer experience (CX)
- IT/OT trends
- Cross- and up-selling trends
- The IT service provider space, including:
- Segments, e.g., consulting, implementation, managed services, etc.
- Ecosystem/partnering trends in IT services
- Cross- and up-selling trends in IT services
Regular deliverables will used by marketing and other groups throughout the company. This position will report to the Director of Market Intelligence but will work across the organization in support of our strategic initiatives.Requirements
- Provide analysis of market dynamics including customers, competitors, market trends, technology, and other forces. This may also include social/economic/political environment and compliance/legal/regulatory issues.
- Provide analysis, insights and recommendations on the above in both written and verbal form.
- Provide data analysis using our quantitative research, maintain our existing data assets as well as driving new qualitative and quantitative, data-driven projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal customers to identify demand for analysis, insights, and emerging trends.
- Promote the use of market intelligence resources to ensure that internal constituents have the right market intelligence to support their initiatives.
- Keep current on market intelligence and data resources and make appropriate recommendations on usage.
- 4-5 years' work experience in market intelligence, strategic marketing or in another strategy role.
- Experience in the information technology space is required.
- Prior experience in quantitative (TAM, etc.) and qualitative (e.g., SWOT) market sizing and analysis is required.
- Must have excellent MS Office skills (in particular Excel and PowerPoint).
- Able to synthesize and communicate ideas, insights and recommendations clearly, concisely, and effectively in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated inquisitive nature: showcase your desire and ability to learn and to dig for information.
- Capability to work independently to manage multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously, exercising independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Can quickly understand our existing products and markets and the customers we serve.
- Experience with tools such as SFDC and PowerBI is preferred.
- Quantitative skills to support development of market models preferred. Financial analysis skills would be an added benefit.
- BA required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.