Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. What you will be doing
As a strategic partner, the Transformation Officer leads the BBB-EE transformation agenda, manages transformation initiatives, drives awareness, educates and manages the overall BBB-EE strategy of the organization. The Transformation Officer serves as a specialist consultant to the business, who together with the functional leaders, creates a transformation strategy to not only comply but to also employ BBB-EE initiatives as a strategic business advantage by:
What you bring to the team
- Preparing and facilitating annual BBB-EE audit process.
- Leading overall Transformation strategy formulation with input from the business including functional leaders (HR, Finance, Legal).
- Keeping abreast of BBBEE legislation and providing guidance, expertise and direction with alignment to business strategy.
- Leading initiatives aimed at maximizing the BBB-EE scorecard points, with particular focus on Enterprise and Supplier Development and Socio Economic Development.
- Working closely with Finance and Procurement teams in identifying improvement opportunities for the company's' preferential procurement policy.
- Working closely with HR in identifying improvement opportunities for the HR programs such as recruitment policy, EE profile etc.
- Developing an annual Socio Economic Development program in line with corporate guidelines and policies.
- Forecasting, tracking and monitoring the company's BBB-EE scorecard.
- Compiling transformation progress reports.
- Managing a central training repository.
- Conducting awareness, education and sensitisation sessions on BBB-EE initiatives.
- Creating and maintaining a preferential procurement database for approved black owned suppliers.
- Collecting and maintaining BBB-EE certificates of all suppliers.
- Tracking Supplier Development commitments as part of tender agreements.
- Submission of Transformation related documents as part of tender processes.
- Expert knowledge and application of the BBB-EE Act, BBB-EE Codes of Good Practice and related legislation.
- Experience with the ICT sector codes will be advantageous.
- Work experience as a verification auditor will be advantageous.
- You typically have 5 years corporate working experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English along with excellent consulting skills
- Computer literate (MS Office) with intermediate knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- You are proactive, collaborative, organized, assertive, diplomatic and results orientated
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge