Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
LDC Back-end Engineer
As a Lumada Data Catalog Back-end engineer, you will design and develop features
that discover, organize and catalog data assets at scale from data bases,
data warehouses and large data lakes of customers.
You will deal with complex deployments utilizing latest technologies that operate on
multi-cloud environments. There will be a wide range of opportunities to address challenging
problems in the area of big data management and machine learning.
You will be guiding team members and also collaborate with them to delight customers through
innovative product features and influence their digital transformations.
• BS or MS in Computer Science
• Industry experience of 7+ years
• Proficiency in Core java, REST API Frameworks
• Experience with high concurrency and throughput applications
• Experienced in developing - deploying applications in cloud platforms using containers, Kubernetes clusters
• Solid System design principles and system integration knowledge
• Solid foundation in data structures and complex algorithms
• Strong experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
• Good understanding of transactions and concurrency issues
• Good understanding of performance issues in distributed applications
• Worked with JPA or Hibernate
• Worked on applications that use Search engines like Apache Solr or Elastic search
• Experienced in delivering projects under Agile/Scrum environment
• Can help and guide team members with technical issues, architecture - design
Nice To Have
• Good understanding of Hadoop platforms like Hortonworks and Cloudera to create MapReduce and Spark based applications
• Worked on application that use graph databases and graph query languages.
• Familiar with sensitive data management and compliance related issues.
• Familiarity with data profiling, metadata acquisition, data quality monitoring, related area
• Familiarity with any CI/CD tools/flows (Jenkins, Ansible, Chef)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.