The Head of Data Modernization, Insights - Analytics will lead the Americas region with complete responsibility for Strategy definition, Growth, Practice Development and P-L management. The candidate must have prior consulting experience, managing or leading a practice.
They will identify opportunities for innovation, how they are used in the market and to challenge Principal Architects on solution architectures to ensure they are using Modern Data Platforms and creating state of the art Insights - Analytics solutions for our clients.
Additionally, this person will have the ability to articulate Hitachi Vantara's value propositions, solutions, win themes and project vignettes in a way that wins the confidence of senior business and technical leaders /executives and senior technical staff while engaging software vendors with GTM solutions.
This role will report to the Global Digital Insights Practice leader.Responsibilities
• The ability to visualize and articulate the story of strategic product, solution, and customer initiatives. Can see the story arc for modernization and digital transformation projects inside HV and for our customers.
• Knows how to and naturally starts with "why is this important?" Then goes to What and How.
• Develop strategies to grow revenue, increase margins and boost innovation globally, and develop the execution plans.
• Drive growth in partnership with Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership.
• Craft and articulate key business and technical ideas to marketing to generate differentiated material in the target region.
• Proven ability to analyze the fundamentals of our business and identify critical blockers and non-people / relationship-based solutions. Can systematically identify and solve problems. Understands when we need to apply a systematic / process-based solution to problems so that we not just fix the incident in our business but solves the problem in the future. Can operationalize and manage the fix above.
Solutions - Delivery
• Define and and articulate the Hitachi Vantara, Data Modernization, Insights - Analytics, group and organizational principles.
• Demonstrates a consultative selling style to guide prospective clients to solutions and has aptitude to map technical solutions to business problems to create business value.
• Develop a deep understanding of HV Product, Solution Offering, Partner Solution Offerings and repeatable solution lines, and map them to client business and technical problems.
• Structure, organize, and win strategic (large, complex, innovative) deals.
• Understands and can manages customers to coach them to mutually agreeable solutions to project, technical, relationship and business problems.
• Collaborate with Global peers across different regions, HV organizations and functions to create solutions and drive go to market activities globally and their region.
• Has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the Data Modernization, Insights - Analytics practice including practice development, revenue - margin forecasting, resource management and utilization.
• Mentor and grow Practice Principals, Practice Directors and Principal Architects to drive deeper and more innovation solutions for our clients.Qualifications
• Prior experience leading and growing a $100M+ Data Modernization - Analytics practice within a consulting firm with P-L responsibilities.
• Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical; multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling "slow-changing" dimensions/attributes.
• Demonstrates history of creating and implementing data solutions solving high value business problems for clients using data, cloud platforms, modern software development methodologies, Big Data, Data Science, (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML)) and Internet of Things (IOT).
• Demonstrates the ability to help sales organization to scope, solution and win highly complex and strategic technical projects.
• Proven ability to manage relationships with technical and business leaders / executives and senior technical staff.
• Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.), data security and privacy technologies
• A solid understanding of Customer Experience (CX) technologies especially user-interface design for data visualization use cases
• A solid understanding of advanced / predictive analytics - experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms.
• Exhibits understanding of DevOps, DataOps, MLOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, and other automation capabilities to drive operational efficiencies and achieve business outcomes.
• Proven track record of Agile and Lean development within large enterprises as well as small teams. Articulates how Agile development, Lean decision making, automation, cloud technologies and the four pillars of cloud-native development, AI/ML, Big Data and IOT combine to enable digital transformation for firms.
• Possesses experience and understanding of how to measure performance of client facing software development and Big Data projects. Ability to measure success technically, programmatically and to meet client's tactical and strategic goals.
• Thought leadership, white papers, blogs in the Data and AI space.
• Professional cloud certification, Google, AWS or Azure.
• Able to create, analyze and communicate key performance metrics about the performance of the Data Modernization, Insights - Analytics practice.
• Manages providing key business information to the operations team and troubleshoots and resolves problems with gathering, analyzing, and reporting of business information to leadership.The Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.