The Head of Digital Engineering (Application and Product Engineering) Practice will lead the Americas region with complete responsibility for Strategy definition, Growth, Practice Development and P-L management. The candidate must have prior consulting experience, managing or leading a practice.
They will identify opportunities for innovation, how they are used in the market and to challenge Principal Architects on solution architectures to ensure they are using Modern Application Development Platforms and creating state of the art digital engineering solutions for our clients. Additionally, this person will have the ability to articulate Hitachi Vantara's value propositions, solutions, win themes and project vignettes in a way that wins the confidence of senior business and technical leaders /executives and senior technical staff while engaging software vendors with GTM solutions. This role will report to the Global Digital Modernization Practice leader.Responsibilities
• The ability to visualize and articulate the story of strategic product, solution, and customer initiatives. Can see the story arc for modernization and digital transformation projects inside HV and for our customers.
• Knows how to and naturally starts with "why is this important?" Then goes to What and How.
• Develop strategies to grow revenue, increase margins and boost innovation globally, and develop the execution plans.
• Drive growth in partnership with Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership.
• Craft and articulate key business and technical ideas to marketing to generate differentiated material in the target region.
• Proven ability to analyze the fundamentals of our business and identify critical blockers and non-people / relationship-based solutions. Can systematically identify and solve problems. Understands when we need to apply a systematic / process-based solution to problems so that we not just fix the incident in our business but solves the problem in the future. Can operationalize and manage the fix above.
Solutions - Delivery
• Define and and articulate the Hitachi Vantara, Digital Modernization group and organizational principles.
• Demonstrates a consultative selling style to guide prospective clients to solutions and has aptitude to map technical solutions to business problems to create business value.
• Develop a deep understanding of HV Product, Solution Offering, Partner Solution Offerings and repeatable solution lines, and map them to client business and technical problems.
• Structure, organize, and win strategic (large, complex, innovative) deals.
• Understands and can manages customers to coach them to mutually agreeable solutions to project, technical, relationship and business problems.
• Collaborate with Global peers across different regions, HV organizations and functions to create solutions and drive go to market activities globally and their region.
• Has primary responsibility for setting the strategy and vision and for managing the day-to-day tactical operations of the Digital Modernization practice including practice development, revenue - margin forecasting, resource management and utilization.
• Mentor and grow Practice Principals, Practice Directors and Principal Architects to drive deeper and more innovation solutions for our clients.Qualifications
• Prior experience leading and growing a $100M+ Digital Engineering/Application Engineering practice with P-L responsibilities.
• Extensive expertise in Cloud Native Application Development, PaaS platforms, Enterprise Architecture and Product Engineering.
• Demonstrates history of creating and implementing digital engineering solutions solving high value business problems for clients using Cloud Platforms, Modern Software Development methodologies, Analytics - Insights.
• Proven ability to manage relationships with technical and business leaders/executives and senior technical staff.
• Demonstrates the ability to help sales organization to scope, solution and win highly complex and strategic technical projects.
• Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.), application and security and privacy technologies
• A solid understanding of Customer Experience (CX) technologies in Channels, Content, Collaboration, Commerce.
• Strong foundational knowledge of Cloud Engineering and Insights and Analytics.
• Exhibits understanding of DevOps, Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment, and other automation capabilities to drive operational efficiencies and achieve business outcomes.
• Proven track record of Agile and Lean development within large enterprises as well as small teams. Articulates how Agile development, Lean decision making, automation, cloud technologies and cloud-native development to enable digital transformation for firms.
• Possesses experience and understanding of how to measure performance of client facing software development and Data projects. Ability to measure success technically, programmatically and to meet client's tactical and strategic goals.
• Professional cloud certification, Google, AWS or Azure.
• Able to create, analyze and communicate key performance metrics about the performance of the Digital Engineering Practice.
• Manages providing key business information to the operations team and troubleshoots and resolves problems with gathering, analyzing, and reporting of business information to leadership.The Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.