Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting new role you will be responsible for the mobilisation of the BAU Support Model to support OS&M Business Systems. You will also be responsible for the ongoing management of Operational Support to End Users for OS&M Business Systems
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Mobilise the Business Systems Support Model:
- Devise, develop and maintain a standard service transition process, defining key roles and responsibilities to enable projects to be successfully transitioned into BAU. Deploying a professional, total quality approach, to result in a significant reduction in Service Desk tickets, minimising risks and improving customer satisfaction.
- Train up and develop technical and service desk teams, which will ultimately result in a significant reduction of mistakes, incidents, complaints, system downtime and improve customer satisfaction and the Business Systems department’s profile to the customer.
- Implement full ITIL Change Management processes across the HRL estate (include Vendors and internal support teams). Overcome any resistance and train up technical and service desk teams. Ensure a significant reduction of mistakes, incidents, complaints, system downtime, improved customer satisfaction and the department’s profile to the customer are achieved.
- Transition Phase 1 of the ServiceNow toolset (Incident, Problem and Change Management) into the Business Support estate and continue with Phase 2 (Supplier Integration), ensuring that the relevant support tasks/documents/knowledge base/call scripting, including the production of the Service Operational Pack which documents the service acceptance criteria, service definition, technical overviews, the support Model, availability, change management, early life support, communications planning and Lessons Learned have been completed prior to acceptance into BAU.
- Manage the transition of ITIL Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management structure around the ServiceNow Cloud based toolset, using an Agile approach. Incorporating tools, roles and processes, and implementing KPIs to measure performance versus SLAs.
- Facilitate workshops/presentations with key stakeholders such as Senior Management, Application Managers, Technical Managers, Project Managers and Suppliers to define Service requirements and gain buy-in.
- Review the processes for onboarding new fleets, by communicating with all internal departments and external suppliers involved and mapping the dependencies, producing a Gap Analysis to result in various Service Improvement Plans being written and subsequently transition into BAU.
- Managed the successful transition of HFMT from the outgoing supplier, Hitachi Vantara, to an incumbent Vendor. Negotiate with external suppliers to ensure continuity of service for communications, e-mail and bespoke systems.
- Design and develop a based on a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) covering both IT and Business Service Maps, based on data captured from various systems, Service Catalogue, reports and experience from various discussions with both Business and IT representatives.
Manage the BAU Business Systems Support Desk
- Provide vital support, acting as a Major Incident Manager for business impacting incidents, managing the Major Incident review process, ensuing lessons learnt, service improvement are captured and feedback is provide to the key stakeholders.
- Manage the Business Systems Support Desk Team – coordinator(s), analyst(s) administrator(s).
- Ensure that the support framework operates to the highest quality, making sure that processes are adhered to and that all milestones e.g. performance, penetration, user acceptance, service continuity testing and product deliverables are managed via service quality gates, resolving and/or appropriately escalating risks and issues as needed.
- Manage business relationships and service contracts with suppliers, ensuring that they meet the business requirements through Service Level Agreements and enable internal support teams to meet their Operational Level Agreements.
- Business focused and commercially aware. Utilise best practice ITIL methodologies, techniques, processes and tools and root cause analysis to reduce potential problems. Maintain Service Level agreements to at least 99.9% of target through problem resolution, team motivation, mentoring and recruiting technical excellence.
- Deliver service quality and operational requirements to transition multiple projects into the production environment, ensuring they meet global quality standards and follow the agreed processes, using both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies.
- Provide vital support, coordinate various teams to ensure that all services that are transitioned into production can be managed, operated and supported in line with the business requirements.
- Chair Go/No-Go meetings, communicating the arrival of new projects to all key operational areas (Incident, Change, Monitoring) ensuring all appropriate tools/documents are delivered e.g. call scripts, knowledge articles and user manuals.
- Ensure Service Introduction checklists are completed for all projects with any exceptions reported accordingly and performed as Subject Matter expert role. Development and ownership of all Service Introduction processes/documentation.
- Undertake the Change Management process, to include the managing of CAB, third parties, emergency changes as and when required
- Co-ordinate the relationship between the Key Stakeholders and the Supplier Project Manager, ensuring all contractual functional requirements were captured in the user stories and successfully delivered.
- Implement Service and process improvements utilising service desk call data. Deploy root cause analysis which should result in resolving problems faster, improving service levels.
- Looking at ways to develop improve Customer/Supplier engagement e.g. monthly Service Meetings, User Groups
- Extensive experience (3+ years) of working at senior project management and service support level delivering large multi-site contracts and leading teams in fast moving, customer facing organisations.
- Excellent service delivery execution in a complex and high-change environment.
- Analytical rigour to solve problems and drive Business Improvement initiatives
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Detailed and granular in their approach
- Proven relationship management experience, both internally and externally.
- Strong value based leader able to motivate and manage across a matrix organisation.
- Demonstrate business acumen, commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Ability to work flexibly and, travel extensively and effectively around UK and Europe.
- Ability to develop plans which deliver against strategic objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive, resilience and energy to adapt quickly to changes in priority.
- ITIL based operations methodology definition and adoption.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 5500
- Good knowledge of train design, manufacture and maintenance operations.
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Business Process Management certification
- Management of Risk and ISO20000
- ITIL 3 Service strategy understating ( Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Service improvement
- Educated to degree level or similar level of experience in either project management, supply chain management, information systems or change management.
- APM or Prince 2 qualification.
- ITIL Foundation 3 or 4 as minimum
- ITIL Change Management Qualification as minimum
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 13th June 2021