WAYSIDE & ON BOARD SERVICE ENGINEER About the business and the role Hitachi Rail STS is a global railway signalling and transportation solutions company. Life with Hitachi Rail STS includes many benefits including career development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment.
We are currently seeking applications from Senior Onboard and Wayside Service Engineers. Perform maintenance activities on site in accordance with the Contractual KPI for an O&M project.
This is permanent full time opportunity based in our Brisbane office. Job tasks and responsibilities
The accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the execution of maintenance activities on site in accordance with the contractual KPIs;
- Ensure the issuing of Maintenance personnel roster at project level;
- Ensure the drawing up of the corrective and preventive on-site maintenance plan;
- Ensure monitoring, analysing and reporting on-site system performance;
- Ensure an analysis of project technical issues (critical failures of equipment, obsolescence, ...) and identify the applicable solutions;
- Ensure escalation process activation in case of major faults;
- Ensure field data collection and support RAMS figures analysis;
- Ensure that technical documentation and troubleshooting procedures are updated; and
- Ensure the execution of onsite maintenance task ensuring the application of OHS and STS HSMS rules; and
Job requirements Skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in technical area or Equivalent Technical background;
- 5-10 years' experience in a similar role in the Rail industry with demonstrated capability and skills in:
- Railway equipment and environment;
- Use of Maintenance tools;
- Use of Database tools;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel;
- Incident/accident investigation;
- Testing and Fault Finding; and
- Knowledge of ERP and Configuration Management tool.
- Ability to travel when required.