Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SENIOR AUTOMATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Mission:
Delivery of a medium complexity (complex in terms of number of requirements and requested interfaces with other modules/systems) software fulfilling input requirements (Functional, Performances, Quality), based on the best efficient modular design managing the best compromise between Budget, Schedule, Risks, Reuse and standardization for future. Accountabilities
- Ensure the proper requirements management for all the phases of the software lifecycle, according to company standard processes (IMS).
- Guarantee the design and the implementation of a complete solution (software components, documentation and tools)
- Contribute to the identification and ensure the application of software automation common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices
- Ensure the requirement identification and their mapping into specific detailed software requirements
- Ensure the correct development of SW platform in accordance with Automation needs and principle
- Ensure the definition of SW test planning and the related test execution by defining and setting up the test environment and the simulator engines
- Ensure the resolution of any SW issue affecting the delivery of a project
- Ensure the integration test definition and execution
- Scouting of the technologies most appropriate to the context
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- From 5 up to 10 years of working experience
- Knowledge of software design methodologies (agile methodologies, DevOps, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Object Oriented Analysis)
- In-depth knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Docker swarm)
- Knowledge of technologies for the implementation of cloud native systems
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostreSQL, MariaDB) and no-sql (MongoDB, Redis)
- Knowledge of Version Control systems (git, svn)
- In-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system (RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Ability to estimate and plan software development activities
University Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent technical/scientific background Languages
Good English proficiency Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/