Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Traction and Auxiliary Control Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Input Requirements Analysis to define the project Control Architecture and Requirements;
- Propulsion system and power converters modelling and simulation to support components sizing and topology choice;
- Functions and algorithms development to satisfy technical specification;
- Software and Firmware libraries development and maintenance;
- Harmonics Emission evaluation and control actions implementation to be compliant with EMI requirements;
- Propulsion diagnostic and condition based maintenance (CBM) algorithms design;
- Project Software documentation compliance with the applicable railway standards and DR participation;
- Hardware in the loop environment design (HIL);
- Software in the loop environment design (SIL);
- Control Testing and Validation in SIL and HIL environment;
- System validation in combined test;
- System integration test and validation on board;
- Commissioning and service support;
- Control electronic and power converters routine test support.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of automation control theory and signals elaboration;
- Excellent knowledge of the main programming languages (C / C ++, Python, Linux, Eclipse) and application on embedded system in real time contest;
- Excellent knowledge of Model based design approach and dedicated tools (Matlab/ Simulink);
- Minimum 2 to develop control algorithms on embedded system in real time contest;
- Minimum 2 years working in firmware development, microprocessors registers programming, peripherals drivers/interfaces handling;
- Good knowledge of Power converters topologies and electrical/Hybrid propulsion system;
- Good knowledge of control electronic and microprocessors architectures;
- Good knowledge of the main communication bus (CAN, Ethernet, MVB) and protocols (J1939, TRDP, TCN);
- Knowledge of VHDL language and ability to program FPGA;
- knowledge of Software Engineering (EN50128, EN 50657, IEEE1558);
- Knowledge of requirements management and dedicated tools (IBM Rational DOORS).
- Focus on Innovation and Digitalization;
- Good Problem Solving capabilities;
- Good written and spoken English Language;
- Good Team working capabilities.
Automation, Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering, preferred ph. D. in Automation Engineering. Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts