Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Meet our Team
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, this role will be key to developing, delivering and supporting enterprise network solutions, (both internal and external) that will enable Hitachi Vantara to be a leader in the delivery of solutions for Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Social Innovation. The Hitachi Vantara Network team is rethinking everything with an emphasis on leveraging software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, and Data Center, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Engineer, design and deploy network services and solutions based on business, strategic, and technical requirements with a focus on, but not limited to, cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups
- Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams
- Identify, recommend and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
- Find and recommend new and innovative products, services and solutions
- Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
- Act as an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers
- Demonstrable experience in AWS, Azure, GCP cloud deployments
- Design of application-aware networks leveraging solutions that include SD-WAN, SDN/Data Center and SDN/LAN and the associated orchestration and control tools. Experience with deploying NFV and automating enterprise network tasks and services is a plus
- Advanced level experience working with Cisco IOS - NXOS, routing/switching and WiFi, BGP
- Familiarity and experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, transparent proxy and explicit Web proxy, and network optimization/acceleration
- Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
- Hands-on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
- Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN technologies.
- Industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, PCNSE, etc
- In-depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, VDC, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Hardware knowledge: Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Bluecoat, Riverbed, AppNeta
- Software knowledge: Cisco IOS/NXOS, PAN-OS, SolarWinds, Wireshark
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $90K - $110K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.