Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Innovation Engineer - Rolling Stock Mechanical & Design
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Genoa, IT
. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Rolling Stock Innovation Unit has the scope of discovering, designing and prototyping embedded innovative solutions for design and maintenance of our future Rolling Stock solutions that can serve our customers and stakeholders. We work in an Agile mind-set, with maximum flexibility and extreme focus on results: you will have the opportunity to embrace the digital rail ecosystems and live on the edge of the new innovation era. Project Description
We are looking for a Senior Innovation Engineer who can bring us a wide knowledge in Rolling Stock mechanical design, installation design, structural analysis, failure modelling and maintenance, with a significant experience in system analysis and design that can help us to create prototypes of new solutions and execute the relevant installation & testing activities. Accountabilities
Generate ideas and initiate processes of open innovation with our stakeholders, leveraging on new technologies and on new processes in the field of Rolling Stock mechanical and installation design, fault modelling, asset monitoring and smart maintenance (based on condition monitoring and predictive approaches) with the following responsibilities:
- Design of new diagnostic systems for the different subsystems in Rolling Stock;
- Installation design and integration of the new diagnostic system within new and existing trains;
- Design of centralized Monitoring Systems and relevant integration;
- Planning and execution of laboratory and on-field tests and experiments;
- Definition and implementation of appropriate methods to model the device-under-tests behaviours.
With regards to Rolling Stock Innovation activities / projects
- Design innovative systems for rolling stocks and trackside equipment monitoring;
- Design and integration of mechanical solutions;
- Structural analysis and Installation design;
- Lab testing activities for certification and homologation processes;
- On-field installation processes, Impact Analysis, Hazard Mitigations;
- Definition of 3D Laser Scanning and 3D additive manufacturing applications;
- Research and implement appropriate Model Based algorithms and tools;
- Define and document data analytics according to system requirements;
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results;
- Ensure the implementation of assigned innovation projects and the relevant end-to-end coordination, prototyping the new solutions with a network of external providers and other internal supporters, in alignment with innovation guidelines and in collaboration with other technical departments;
- Ensure the capitalization and sharing of knowledge (e.g. best practice, lesson learned);
- Support the intellectual property process management ensuring patent research according to the Company identified guidelines;
- Support the Innovation Unit to build a network to grow company's future initiatives.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
Preferred Skills /Knowledge
- Proven experience as an Engineer in railway or similar fields;
- Proven knowledge on systems mechanical and installation design;
- Understanding of structures, modelling and train/tram architecture;
- Deep knowledge of mechanics as well as relevant fault modes, math, probability, statistics;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Multiyear experience on actual Rolling Stock and Streetcars projects from different suppliers;
- Knowledge of railway business environment and customers;
- Experience in defining requirements and architectures of complex systems;
- Experience in integration activities among several subsystems;
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, team spirit and raise the bar mentality.
Master Degree in Aeronautic or Mechanical Engineering or similar field. Languages
Good in English language (written and spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts