Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Innovation engineer - Rolling Stock Embedded design
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Genoa, IT
. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Rolling Stock Innovation Unit has the scope of discovering, designing and prototyping embedded innovative solutions for design and maintenance of our future Rolling Stock solutions that can serve our customers and stakeholders. We work in an Agile mind-set, with maximum flexibility and extreme focus on results: you will have the opportunity to embrace the digital rail ecosystems and live on the edge of the new innovation era. Project Description
We are looking for a Senior Innovation Engineer who can bring us a wide knowledge in Rolling Stock electrical and electronic engineering, embedded software design, failure modelling and maintenance, with a significant experience in firmware development, system analysis and design that can help us to create prototypes of new solutions and execute the relevant installation & testing activities. Accountabilities
Generate ideas and initiate processes of open innovation with our stakeholders, leveraging on new technologies and on new processes in the field of Rolling Stock electronics, firmware and embedded computing design, fault modelling and asset monitoring with the following responsibilities:
- Design and development of electronic embedded systems;
- Power Supply Units design and Sensors integration development;
- Firmware and Embedded Software development;
- Lab and on-field testing - testing tools and environment;
- Implementing Data Analytics and Machine Learning algorithms on dedicated GPU;
With regards to Digital Innovation activities / projects
o Complex Embedded Systems
o Asset Monitoring Systems
o Diagnostics & Measurements Systems
- Condition Based Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance Processes Implementation;
- Data Fusion applications development;
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods;
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results;
- Extend existing machine learning libraries and frameworks;
- Ensure the implementation of assigned innovation projects and the relevant end-to-end coordination, prototyping the new solutions with a network of external providers and other internal supporters, in alignment with innovation guidelines and in collaboration with other technical departments;
- Ensure the capitalization and sharing of knowledge (e.g. best practice, lesson learned);
- Support the intellectual property process management ensuring patent research according to the Company identified guidelines;
- Support the Innovation Unit to build a network to grow company's future initiatives.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- Proven experience in C/C++, Labview/Matlab, Phyton, Fw/Sw Design and Development;
- Proven experience in Electric/Electronic Design;
- Prototyping and Testing Systems;
Preferred Skills /Knowledge
- Knowledge of data science and software engineering;
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture;
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms;
- Ability to write robust code in Python;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of railway technical environment and customers;
- Experienced in defining requirements and architectures of monitoring & diagnostic systems;
- Experienced in integration activities among several subsystems;
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, team spirit and raise the bar mentality.
Master degree in Electronic Engineering, Automation Engineering or similar field. Languages
Fluency in English language (written and spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts