Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Innovation Engineer - Rolling Stock Software Developer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples, Genoa, IT
. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Rolling Stock Innovation Unit has the scope of discovering, designing and prototyping embedded innovative solutions for design and maintenance of our future Rolling Stock solutions that can serve our customers and stakeholders. We work in an Agile mind-set, with maximum flexibility and extreme focus on results: you will have the opportunity to embrace the digital rail ecosystems and live on the edge of the new innovation era. Project Description
We are looking for a Senior Innovation Engineer who can bring us a wide knowledge in Rolling Stock Software design & development, Software modelling tools, Data Analytics and Machine Learning Systems that can help us to create prototypes of new solutions and execute the relevant installation & testing activities. Accountabilities
- Generate ideas and initiate processes of open innovation with our stakeholders directing and participating in programming activities, monitoring and evaluating system performance, designing and implementing new features;
With regards to Digital Innovation activities / projects:
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs with special focus on large data processing and management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning;
- Analysis of requirements, design of SW architecture, Testing and verification of large software programs;
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications with robust modular design;
- Efficiently design and coding applying agile methodologies;
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics;
- Ensure the implementation of assigned innovation projects and the relevant end-to-end coordination, prototyping the new solutions with a network of external providers and other internal supporters, in alignment with innovation guidelines and in collaboration with other technical departments;
- Ensure the capitalization and sharing of knowledge (e.g. best practice, lesson learned);
- Support the intellectual property process management ensuring patent research according to the Company identified guidelines;
- Support the Innovation Unit to build a network to grow company's future initiatives.
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
Preferred Skills /Knowledge
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, Python, Java, DBMS, etc.);
- Experiences in front-end/back-end/full stack development with data analytics and machine learning solutions;
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies;
- Capability to learn new technologies quickly;
- An analytical mindset;
- Ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues;
- Commercial and business awareness;
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Good knowledge of railway business environment and customers;
- Experienced in defining requirements and architectures of complex systems;
- Experienced in integration activities among several subsystems;
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, team spirit and raise the bar mentality.
Master Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Languages
Fluency in English language (written and spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts