An opportunity exists for a proven Big Data Pre-sales Consultant to join the Insights and Analytics Practice (I-A) of Hitachi Vantara to work on next generation Big Data implementations and applications. He/she, will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data project from the client requirements and needs analysis, to the architecture design (including even infrastructure), project delivery and the solution implementation (project implementation, testing and deployment).
Hitachi Vantara is looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust big data solutions.
Big Data set of technologies to demonstrate capabilities and expertise:
Analytics - Visualization technologies with a minimum of experience as of:
• Power BI
Successful candidates will recognise that the core of their skill set is formed through the pragmatic application of their technical expertise, allied to an ability to express their opinions to decision makers and problem solve.
• Work with the sales team, be focused on positioning to customers from a technical perspective.
• Assist and support proof of concepts.
• Design and build the appropriate pre-sales demonstration environment and keep this updated.
• Provide support to the sales team on all technical matters and support intender documents. Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed design
• Participate in the project definition workshops and design sessions, to ensure consistency of messaging from sales activity.
• Provide go live support as appropriate.
• Provide follow up support post go live as required.
• Language skills: Spanish, English written and spoken will be required.
• Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities
• Strong communication and customer interface skills. Ability to present business and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical groups
• The selected candidate will need to have a proven track record working on real case studies in predictive maintenance models/projects.
• The success candidate will have to demonstrate expertise leading and building Big Data architectures and will need to be familiar with the leading markets cloud technologies such as AWS and Google.(demonstrate experience will be required)
• Pentaho experience will be a plus
• Required experience in Oil - Gas, Energy or Manufacturing projects will be a must
• Business analytics, having worked with visualization platforms and data platform architectures will be welcome
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Strong in general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.)
• Strong analytical problem solving skills; ability to gather and analyse disparate information from multiple sources into meaningful insights and associated action plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status