Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Project Lead
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Responsible for integrating Onboard system with vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring successful on time, on budget, delivery of an engineering solution
- Responsible for leading work packet Project Monitoring and Control activities including maintaining schedule, CTC, MPR updates, meeting minutes, risk register, and change orders
- Analyzing the requirements and estimating the scope changes
- Ensuring the quality of the requirements, allocation of requirements and change management
- Coordinating the field activities with commissioning engineer and Pittsburgh office
- Facilitates scope/requirement discussions with technical teams and customers
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical solution
- 7+ years of experience as project engineer for large system applications
- Prior experience with basic requirement management:
- Development of requirement
- Monitoring change control process
- Analyzing client requirement and decomposing into system and subsystem requirement
- Use of Doors for requirement management
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with software /Hardware development lifecycles, delivery, and testing lifecycles
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
- Prior experience managing Medium - Medium/Large sized projects and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience
- Prefer experience supporting Bids and Proposals for new work
- Prefer certification in a Project Management, PMP, related discipline
Bachelor's Degree (minimum) Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/