We are looking for an experienced Leader to lead the Professional and Managed Services business in the Americas for Hitachi Vantara's Digital Infrastructure Global Services business. This key leader will work on growing the Global Professional Services and maturing the Managed Services to build a stronger strategic Services organization. This position plays a critical role in advancing the transformation of the Hitachi Vantara business. This VP will report to the Senor Vice President of Global Services who is responsible for overseeing all services activity for Hitachi Vantara. This role will have direct management responsibility for a services team which includes highly skilled individual contributors that can develop implementation strategies, delivery plans and resolve quality issues.Responsibilities
As the leader of Americas Global Services, the VP responsibilities include the following:
• Lead the Americas Professional and Managed Services team providing services to a diverse set of customers, executives and markets.
• Lead a team of approximately 300 services professionals.
• Manage a business of approximately $150m annually operating across North and South America.
• Implement sales strategies, plans and procedures that align to our customer and partner segmentation strategy.
• Drive a healthy mix of on-shore and center-based delivery for our services. Collaborate with the leader of the Global Delivery Center (GDDC) to move tasks to the GDDC where appropriate.
• Facilitate the ongoing monitoring of customer demands around Hitachi products to translate them into service offers that help customer to advance on their needs.
• Guide regional services sales to deliver to the customers' expectations and business strategy.
• Establish best practices for service delivery excellence.
• Establish the hiring standards and performance expectations to create consistency and reliability in the selection and on-boarding of talent.
• Build the internal relationships with key regional Sales and Services leaders to deliver to outcomes.
• Ensure the operation meets the future growth and capability plans balanced with current offerings.
• Ensure the cadence of financial and business analysis and review occurs to ensure achievement of AOP and continuous improvement.Qualifications
• At least 15+ years of management experience in a technical field.
• At least 5+ years of experience within a professional services or IT services organization.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology is preferred.
• Executive level business experience and consultative sales leadership in multi-national technology companies.
• Proven track record in leading high performing sales teams.
• Ability to motivate and excite sales teams to deliver in partner with other sales professionals.
• Ability to design and execute business strategy in complex business environment
• Proven ability to influence and partner with executive leaders to deliver results and create a winning culture for the team.
• Ability to aid the continued creation of lean and effective operating models.
• Ability to manage conflict effectively and with empathy.
• Aptitude in effective decision-making and problem-solving.
• Demonstrated strong presentation and writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cross matrixed organization to achieve outcomes.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge