Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Customer Support Engineer provides technical support, advice, and assistance to Hitachi Vantara's customers upon their need to address technical, hardware and software system problems. This includes specific products and their integration, as a Solution. The Customer Support Engineer generally deals directly with end users and, as such, must be able to communicate effectively to ensure that requirements as well as answers and advices are well understood by the stakeholders. The type of problems the role deals with varies from simple to complex and may include issues such as end user inabilities to access data, poor performance and/or system inefficiencies. This role is part of a team of Customer Service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi's customers with excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support center.Responsibilities
- Providing support to Hitachi Vantara customers and field teams, including via phone and online tools
- Assisting in the resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries.
- Perform problem and customer situation management, escalate to the next level of support when necessary, communicate critical case status to management
- Own and track customer issues using case tracking system
- Utilize multiple applications and technical tools to assist in troubleshooting, communication, and time management
- Shares and documents knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which can be internal or customer facing
- Attend training sessions and potentially assist in conducting training/workshops
- Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of customer success
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge