Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The primary role of the Associate Quote Advisor is to provide end-to-end product and service configuration support to Hitachi Vantara's sales teams and eligible partners. The role sits within the Global Quote Operations ("GQO") team and is responsible to acquire and apply basic level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara's products and services configuration process to generate customer quotes. The role works closely with other internal teams (Global Deals Desk ("GDD"), Product Management, Sales Operations, Practice Principals, etc.) to ensure quotes are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner in support of the sales cycle and revenue generation activities. Key FunctionsTechnical
- First and single point of contact for the configuration of product and/or service quotes at the request of the field sales team and eligible partners.
- Utilize Hitachi Vantara's sales and services quoting ecosystem (FPX, Professional Services Configurator Tool etc.) to provide standard or customized configuration for net new and upgrade solutions and services.
- Apply basic level knowledge to configure Hitachi Vantara's product and service quotes for sales.
- Responsible for ensuring all requests are attended to and delivered within the stipulated service levels.
- For service engagement, select and position pre-defined services and/or offer alternative or incremental services to support customer's objectives.
Required Skills - Experience
- Maintain awareness of product inventory levels and advise projected lead times to the sales teams.
- Proactively communicate with field sales to uncover changing business needs, opportunities, or issues of concern that arise during service engagement.
- Optimally use Salesforce.com CRM system to communicate with requesters, deliver efficient service and ensure customer and opportunity information is accurate.
- Proactively communicate with peers within professional services, GDD and other related parties to uncover changes in requirements and to distribute job related information.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. and Dallas residency required
- Bachelor's degree. Computer Science, Business or Management degree is preferred.
- Recent college graduate or 1 to 2 years of work experience.
- Desire to learn and engage in information technology; servers, storage, data, networking, and support/services.
- Possess aptitude to comprehend intensive on-the-job training provided by peers and through self-learning.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to share information with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Good customer service skills.
- Working proficiency of Microsoft business applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Proficiency in English. Proficiency in additional languages desired.
- Results oriented.
- High work and time discipline.
- Technical awareness.
- Continuous learner.
- Courageous and decisive.
- Dynamic and committed.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Customer focused - internal and external.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.