Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
This position will work as a member of the Software Engineering team to develop and maintain parts of the Lumada software suite.
Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality and documentation.Responsibilities
- Working in tandem with our engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications. Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines, specifically within the Google Cloud.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Master's degree a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry, ideally in SaaS platform and application development; industrial application experiences a plus.
- Possess some experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture. Some experience in containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services
- Experiences with SOA applications; IaaS and/or PaaS (Google Cloud preferred, AWS, Azure, vCloud Air); and virtualization environment (ESXi, Xen, Hyper-V, Docker, etc.).
- Experience with backend technology, web services; overall application lifecycle and performance optimization also a definite plus.
- Awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Experience/exposure in React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX systems, Kubernetes, Docker and Helm. CI/CD experience is a plus, specifically in Argo, JenkinsX, tekton.
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
- Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Excellent communication, organizational and inter-personal skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge